Tuesday, June 23, 2015

EEK! Two Days Left!!!

Hi everyone,
I can't believe that we are down to two.  Just two days left with this bunch. This year has been one of my favourites. I know as teachers, we aren't supposed to say that, but I have really enjoyed teaching this group. We have been able to do so many things because of their curiosity, kindness and willingness to listen and learn.  I have also learned a lot this year.  I've watched some of my repeat students grow so much and become leaders within our 2/3 class. Thanks to you all as parents/guardians for encouraging and being supportive of our learning mission this year.  I'm learning that being a parent of a school age child can be a balancing act- Kudos to you all! Thanks for joining our adventure this year. I have enjoyed getting to know all of you as well.

As our year winds down we will be cleaning out desks and sending items home. I'm going to try and spread it out from now till Thursday so that your child isn't trying to carry a backpack that feels like it has bricks in it.  Amazing how much stuff you can store in a desk over 10 months!

Lastly, I have accumulated an awful lot of pictures, videos and things from this year.  I'd really like to share it with you all. I have been thinking about how to do that in the best way possible.  I am aware of not wanting any of the kids pictures floating around the internet etc. but I have some great shots from this year.  If you are interested, please let me know and I will either give you a jump drive to download from or I can set up a dropbox account that gives you access to the photos. What do you think?

I also welcome any feedback you may have from this year.
We will be having a class party on Thursday.  If you are able to send in a treat (healthy or otherwise) it would be appreciated.  Just remember it needs to be nut free!
Thanks so much,
Alana

P.S. WE will be having a year end assembly on Thursday morning. It will be a long one- you are welcome to attend if you wish!



No comments:

Post a Comment